Basic FAQ's

Here at Valley Collision Center we have highly skilled professionals to answer all of your questions and concerns about the restoration of your vehicle. We will guide you through every step of the repair process and be happy to answer any questions. The following is a list of the most frequently asked questions concerning vehicle repair. Please feel free to email our staff for any other issues.

Yes, you have the right to have your vehicle repaired at any facility you choose. Sometimes the insurance company would prefer for you to go to one of their "repair partner's" body shop, but you always have the option to have your property repaired at the facility of your choice.
A betterment is applied only by the responsible insurance company. It is normally allocated to wearable parts, such as tires, batteries, moving suspension parts, exhaust systems and transmissions. What the insurance company is saying is, yes, your battery was damaged during the accident, and yes they owe you a replacement battery, but the battery that was damaged was 2 years old. They may pay 70% of the replacement cost, and ask that you pay for the remaining 30%. They only owe to replace what was damaged. What was damaged was a battery with 30% wear. In extreme cases, betterment is also applied to exterior paint.
No. We will assess the additional damage (called a supplement) and will contact the insurance company for a reinspection. Once scheduled, we will also contact you for your authorization to do additional repairs. The insurance company will be billed directly for the supplement.
Each insurance company has it's own formula for determining a "total loss". In most cases it is between 70-80% of the value of the vehicle. For example, if the insurance company determines that your vehicle is worth $10,000.00, and the estimate for repairs is $9,000.00, they will more than likely establish your vehicle as a "total loss". Body shops do not "total" vehicles. Only an insurance company can brand your vehicle an economic total loss.
Sometimes your insurance will reimburse you for some of the rental costs. Sometimes the responsible insurance company will arrange for "direct billing" from the rental company, to the adjuster. Whenever possible, your Valley Collision Center Service Manager will attempt direct billing. This depends on your policy, and the paying insurance company's policies. Make sure to review your own policy, even if your insurance company is not paying for the damages. It's important to be adequately covered for rental vehicles in the event of an accident. Most people do not have rental car coverage on their policy. They think it is included because they are "fully covered". This is usually not the case. Know your daily limit, and if there is a "cap". Some policies read 30 days or $300.00, or have a $15.00 a day limit. Don't wait until you've had an accident to find out that you won't be able to rent a vehicle under your collision coverage.
No. All payments are processed at the end of the repair.
Yes, the estimate is absolutely free and takes about 20 minutes.
Every accident situation is different of course. But our Service Managers use very sophisticated systems to estimate the extent of the damage to your car. From there, it's a fairly routine matter to estimate the cost of the repairs and how long the repairs will take. However, it's important to keep in mind that once the repair process begins, previously undetectable conditions may be revealed. This may require additional repair time. This rarely happens, but if it does, you'll be notified immediately by your Service Manager. In fact, your representative will contact you as often as you like to update you on the status of your vehicle.
Yes. Our technicians are extremely well trained in the use of state-of-the-art repair equipment and methods, ensuring that your vehicle will be returned to its pre-accident condition.
Yes. All repairs performed at Valley Collision Center are warranted for as long as you own your vehicle (Click here for a detailed description of our warranty.)