A Few Guidelines:
Here are a few guidelines that you should consider if you are involved in or witness an accident.
- Driver’s name
- Driver’s License number and State
- Telephone: Business and Home
- License plate number and State
- Car Make, Type and Year
- Car Vehicle Identification Number
- Name of Insurance Company
- Male or Female?
- Street Location
- Speed (Yours and Theirs)
- Vehicle Damage: Your’s and Other’s (A walkaround check of your vehicle is a good habit to develop)
- Mark position of vehicles: 1 for yours, 2, 3, etc., for others.
This information we provided are just guidelines and are not regarded as fact. Please check with your insurance company. You can also check the tips from the California Department of Insurance on what to do after an accident.