Nationwide Axalta Assurance of Quality Finish Warranty
Terms of the Warranty
Subject to the terms and conditions of this paint system warranty, the Axalta Qualified Body Shop agrees to warranty against the Covered Defects set forth below. The Axalta paint system warranty becomes effective on the date the work was completed and for the number of years warrantied as shown to the Warranty Repair Record.
If the defect is determined to be a Covered Defect, the defect will be repaired without charge to the warranty holder by the Axalta Qualified Body Shop.
The warranty holder must follow the claim procedures set forth below in order to be covered by this warranty for any and all defect claims.
Scope of the Warranty
The Axalta Paint System Warranty shall: Apply only to the surfaces directly repaired with Axalta Paint Systems (as warrantied on the front cover).
Not apply to any Covered Defect which is directly the result of any negligence by the customer.
Only be available to the individual who was the owner of the vehicle at the time the original work was performed and whose name appears on the Warranty Repair Record. (The Warranty is not transferable).
Covered Defects and Exclusions
Covered Defects shall include only the following list of defects:
- Severe loss of gloss caused by cracking or fading
- Peeling of the topcoat or any of the layers of film included in the refinishing process
Defects resulting from the following conditions are excluded from the Warranty:
- Previously repainted or repaired OEM finishes (prior to the issue of the Warranty Repair Record) unless vehicle was stripped to bare metal.
- System failure due to preexisting rust or rust originating from within the auto body. This includes blemishes or blistering caused by the rust.
- Scratches, abrasions, or stone chips caused by normal vehicle use.
- Damages caused by accidents.
- Damage to the paint caused by improper abrasive detergents or waxes, acid rain or industrial emissions or fallout, or heavy-duty pressure washing.
- Damages on vehicles used for commercial or competitive purposes.
- Failures resulting from product misuse or abuse.
- Failures of systems containing non-Axalta or non-Axalta-approved, products.
- Failures on systems applied by Refinish Technicians who are not “Axalta Qualified”.
- Failures of finishes/systems which have been applied above or below recommended film builds.
In the event of a claim: The warranty holder must submit the Warranty, the Warranty Repair Record, and the vehicle for inspection at the Axalta Qualified Body Shop where the vehicle was originally repaired. An inspection will be provided free of charge by the Axalta Qualified Body Shop, supplying Axalta Jobber, and a Axalta Refinish Representative. After inspection and a verification of a Covered Defect, the Defect will be repaired by the Axalta Qualified Body Shop free of charge to the warranty holder. If the warranty holder relocates 100 miles or more away from the shop where the vehicle was repaired, then they may take their vehicle to the Axalta Assurance of Quality Body Shop of their choice in their new location.
Axalta Warranty Repair Record shall mean the document which is given to the vehicle owner by the Axalta Qualified Body Shop at the time of the original repair. The Warranty Repair Record includes the name and location of the Axalta Qualified Body Shop; the date of the repair; the areas repaired on the vehicle; the paint system used by the Axalta Refinisher; customer name; vehicle identification number; vehicle model and the repair order number.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.